7 Amazing lawn hacks
We hear about all sorts of interesting grass tips out there, here are 7 grass hacks we think you might find useful when looking after your lawn.
- Don’t bag your clippings. Grass clippings can be a natural mulch which will help feed your lawn and retain moisture. To ensure the clippings don’t build up or smother your grass, mow in a criss-cross pattern. This will help break the clippings down even more and stops ruts or tracks developing in your lawn.
- Weeds or grass infiltrating concrete areas where it’s not wanted? Try sweeping a layer of baking soda around paving stones or concrete to stop weeds from growing between the gaps.
- This one is a little more obvious, but an uncared-for lawn mower is a common site in most household sheds. A good quality, well maintained mower with sharp blades will make your life easier. Blunt blades will tear the grass rather than cut it, so keeping your mower well maintained with sharp blades will help ensure a good, crisp cut.
- You can kill winter weeds before they appear with a pre-emergent like Oxafert! The idea of using a pre-emergent herbicide is to target weed seeds before they take hold by forming a barrier at soil level that affects the germination of any new seedlings.
- You can spray your lawn with a natural pigment-based product like ColourGuard, which will absorb into the leaf and keep your grass nice and green during the winter months!
- Coffee grounds and beer both have qualities which can help feed your lawn. Obviously, this is an expensive way to feed your lawn, but it means there’s certainly no reason to stress if you spill your beer or morning coffee on the lawn by accident!
- There are many genius ways people have managed to reduce their mowing times.
Check this one out… Now that’s a good hack!
For information on caring for your lawn visit our Lawn Care Page.
Specials and offers
Join our mailing list for great specials and top turf tips
Product arrived with good grass growth and a nice root mass. Please pass on my thanks to your team.
- John, Jim's Mowing, Kiama
Just wanted to thank you for the great product excellent service and the most professional experience we have had so far with our renovation. Josh and Joe were fantastic. Please feel free to use us as a referee to other potential clients, they won't regret it.
- Victoria & Gary, Illawarra
Thanks Marcus! I have to say you and your team are one of the most professional trades I have come across and the lawn looks great!
- Belinda, Greenhills Beach
Nathan, Josh and Brendon were a delight to deal with and did a fantastic job.
- Patrick, Illawong
Just a quick note to thank your guy for a great install - we had the perfect weather for laying (rained all day !!!) Looking a treat and I'll be in touch for more just as soon as this lot is established.
- Michael, Tallong
Hi Marcus , just to let you know that the boys and yourself are a credit to your company. Their work ethics are second to none. Thank you.
- Mark, Lake Conjola
Jed and his buddy are wonderful. You guys are a real credit to Turfco.
- Robyn, Greenwell Point
Turfco did an amazing job at my place and now I want to repeat it!
- Reece, Hyams Beach
The boys who laid the lawn were AWESOME . .. very polite , worked hard and more than helpful with instructions for care.
- Bronwyn, Vincentia
On behalf of our club I wish to pass onto yourself and Turfco are sincere thanks for your generosity with the recent supply of turf to Ray Robinson oval. This has assisted our club immensely with the upkeep and preseason preparation to our ground. Again we say thanks. We appreciate your support.
- Fernhill Soccer Club
Fantastic , I bought it online Wednesday and it was delivered to my door on Friday, doesn't get any better than that. Thanks
- Warwick, Goulburn
Just like to say a big thanks to Marcus Josh and Jed, all very professional, courteous with nothing being a problem, a job well done and another happy customer,will not hesitate to recommend you guys.
- Kevin and Florence Handford, Port Kembla
These guys were awesome! Nothing was too much to ask, Thanks guys
- Susan, Tapitallee
Thank you for the great job your guy did on Wednesday. I recommend you guys to everyone. Thanks heaps!
- Mick, Lake Heights
Both Marcus & Joe are very professional and know exactly what they are doing; their friendly personalities and workmanship makes them a credit to your company.
- James, South Coast NSW
Thank you for your help in the installation of our new turf – I am really happy with it and amazed at what a difference it has made to the backyard. Your company made everything so very easy, I will certainly be recommending you. If ever I need turf laid again Turfco will be the first company I turn to.
- Margarethe, Shellharbour
Thank you Marcus & Joe for such excellent customer service. Marcus gave us good advice on what turf to use and had no problems coming to offer his advice a second time to help us keep to our budget. Joe and his team were polite, friendly and efficient and did a terrific job on our very large backyard. It looks amazing. We've mowed it twice now and it looks like it has been there forever.
Hi Marcus & Jed, thanks again for your work, we really love our lawn!
- Gary, Berry
Thank you for a quick and professional job at our school.
- Mark, Warilla High School
I would just like to thank you and particularly Jed and Jamie who worked their butts off today, and have done a fantastic job turfing our front lawn. Your whole operation is totally professional and we could not be more pleased with the end result. Thanks again.
- Tony & Kay, Sutherland
Thanks very much for the photos! The area is looking excellent - a huge improvement on the original !! I appreciate all your team's efforts and hopefully we'll be able to successfully maintain the turf until it is well established!
- Lile, Keiraville
Joe, Scott and the team did a great job yesterday and despite having all four seasons during the afternoon, we smashed the turf laying records and got the job done.
- Jeff, Kangaroo Valley
The new lawn looks great! Thank you very much the boys did a top job.
- Matt, Wollongong
Our lawn is looking great, I'm really happy with it; I never thought I would be a lawn person but turns out I am!
- Mick, West Wollongong
Just a quick message to say a big thank you to the driver who delivered the Turf on Saturday. He placed the turf in positions that made it easier for our guys to lay the turf. Thanks again.
- Ann, Surf Beach
We were very very happy with the service we received, everyone we were involved with were courteous, polite and professional. Would definitely use your company again in the future.
- Karen, Mt Pleasant
I just want to thank yourself and Marcus for everything and to the guys that did the job, they were fantastic and did a great job.
- Melinda, Renwick
Thank you so much for your professionalism and attention to detail with the supply and installation of our Sir Walter at our newly built house. It has totally transformed the look of our home and has provided the finishing touch it so desperately needed.
- Tim McGoldrick, South Nowra