Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. We collect personal information so that we can:
- identify you and conduct appropriate checks;
- understand your requirements and provide you with a product or service;
- manage, train and develop our employees and representatives;
- manage complaints and disputes, and report to dispute resolution bodies; and
- get a better understanding of you, your needs, your behaviours and how you interact with us, so we can engage in product and service research, development and business strategy including managing the delivery of our services and products via the ways we communicate with you
Whenever you use our web site, or any other web site, the computer on which the web pages are stored (the Web server) needs to know the network address of your computer so that it can send the requested web pages to your Internet browser. The unique network address of your computer is called its “IP address,” and is sent automatically each time you access any Internet site. From a computer’s IP address, it is possible to determine the general geographic location of that computer, but otherwise it is anonymous.
We do not keep a record of the IP addresses from which users access our site except where you have specifically provided us with information about yourself, in which case we also record your IP address for security purposes. An example of this would be when proceeding to a checkout to finalise an order you may wish to make. After completing the form provided, your IP address will be stored along with a transaction number that allows us to track your order.
How we handle your personal information
We do not pass on/sell/swap any of your personal details with anyone. We use this information to identify your orders and provide you with our monthly newsletter (if applicable) or other marketing materials. We will use and disclose your personal information for the purposes we collected it as well as purposes that are related, where you would reasonably expect us to.
How to access and correct your personal information or make a complaint
At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us on 1300 TURFCO during our usual business hours. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.